Tuesday, March 28, 2006

White Beach Con!

Yay, I'm going to Aninouan, which is a white beach, rural, pretty untouched by population. It's going to be pretty fun I guess. My first trip to the outdoors. If your detecting a little mixed feelings, you're right. But not because I don't like going out, I just don't like nature much. TV, aircon, and the general Human Invented Gizmos, is what I'm all about. None of this hiking shit. So I hope 1) there will be something interesting, like snorkeling, or jetskis. or 2) lots of chicks so i'll get lucky and pass time that way. Whatever the case, i'm in for a treat.

A-on, the software compliments the boardgame. You retain the aspects of 6 people playing together, but the software just fills in some of the functions in the game, such as random events, combat resolution etc... With software you can increase the complexity of the game, and not just determining fate by 1d6 with rolling "1"s or "2"s to hit. etc

Finally, nothing much is new right now... and yeah, I'm tired of spending $$$ for online games. Just playing some old offline games at the moment. It doesn't have as much interaction, but games for me is just a mood balancer. Takes my mind off of shit otherwise I'd be thinking about and maybe I'd do something stupid.

Rude, glad you find my advice helpful. Just to let you know, I got interviews with Oracle, Logitech, Synnex, Creative labs, askjeeves.com and some others less notables, all through online (finding the contact person to talk to). I could have got some of them but I think part of my mood at that time was pretty depressing and it reflected in the interviews. Think positive!

Johnny

EDIT BLAVE: WTF? Did I avoid the draft? Or I was piloting the Messershmidt?