Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Busy Busy Bees

Man, I turn my back for just one second and you guys have written a book and a half! First of all - awsome writup Eric! I eagerly await our second mission... with fear... head on bullet casulaties were pretty frequent in B-17s! On the great board-game debate: I still love boardgames, and have no particular aversion to ones of Teutonic origin, but I have to say, that I've had my fill of board games which involve point tracks. This includes Tikal, Merchant of Venice, etc. etc. etc... I just don't want to fight it out with others over a point track... particularly if it's simply an abstraction of something else - like volcanoes erupting or something. It also doesn't help me if the game has little wooden multicolored blocks as a component - it just makes me think 'hnnnh! sigh!' I'm sure it's unfair of me, but well, that's how it is. I'm still interested in what I like to call 'economics' games - like Iron Dragon, or even Settlers (though I think if I have to play that again I might scream). I wish there were more of this sort of game.

I have to weigh in with Eric on Giganten though - I hate that game - sorry Enron!

What I do want to play right now though is Warmachine! Are we still into that game or are we all over it? I hope not, because I'm still painting miniatures. Eric, can I can convince you to try out the Butcher one more time? A quick 500 pointer?

Enron - Jon ! Sorry for not replying to you about Koobla. The reason was that I was not yet sure and was trying to move things around so that I could make it. Sorry. I really wish I could - I've been so stupid in agreeing to do too many things between now and when I start at SFSU in September! Doh!

Regarding the Oblivion debate: I have to say it LOOKS amazing. I'm interested in it for the game engine (since that's what I do these days in the academic world) but I have to say that I also thought that ElderScrolls Morrowind was boring and confusing. I just don't have time to care about all of the options etc. Maybe that says more about me than anything else though... I have a good friend (Andrew) who LOVED it. I like the idea of better AI for NPCs though - cool! I've always had trouble getting into the Elder Scrolls universe though... not sure why.

Rude - thanks for the post about Wow and that guy who seduced a bunch of other guys. Creepy though it was, and sick though it made me feel - it was a really interesting sociological experiement! How weird. I hope I get time to experience this MMG experience before we move on... or will we?

Myke