Friday, March 31, 2006

The Lowdown:

Sys Reqs: Very low. ALTHOUGH, for a lot of us (me included) there's a nasty memory leak which after a couple of hours, you gotta quit the game and start it up again. It's a lame prob thats been like that for awhile it seems.

Roughest part: Doing the tutorial in the beginning. It's VERY long (like a couple of hours) and you know, pretty boring. BUT, it's needed to just get that little bit of info to figure out how to play the game. I think they put you in channel "Rookie Help" for the 1st 30 days you play, go ahead and ask whatever dumb question you have (as long as its not covered real well in the tut.)

My name is Poundrock! If you're on tomorrow night, I should be on after more moving related shit. Go to yer People n Places tab on the left, click it, go to People, find the search punch my name in, add me to yer address book. I'll fly out to wherever youre at and we can hook up. I'll give you some money also to get you going.

It's very very easy to avoid ganking. Can play for years in "empire space" (sec rating 1.0-0.5) and find plenty to do. My corp tho is in an alliance that owns a few spots in 0.0 space, and they've got an interesting setup. Some stations, pretty gnarly manufacturing corp is in it: NAGA pretty deep shit. So I've already run some ops in 0.0 space. But, that's the deal also - in "our" space, we get hostiles (specially corps who've warred with us b4) who come in and start gankin people. So we have "peace makers" etc. But anyways, to be able to really function in space lower than .5, you'd kinda need quite a bit of skillpoints, and that ties directly into DAYS and days played (you learn the skills whether or not yer logged in - I'm learning a new lvl of industrial ships right now, and it's on a 2-day countdown.) So to be able to deal with the NPC pirates and the player pirates in low sec space, you'd have to have the ships and modules (which require skills) to compete. But last days of the trial, I took my guy out in a shuttle all over 0.0 space lookin to get ganked, and didnt get touched. There's like 3000 systems, so lotta deadspace out there hehe.

This is the deal. It's a WEIRD game. I didn't join it after the 14 day trial. Took a couple of weeks to think about it. Then when I joined, was kinda "eh" looking over the Corp Recruitment spam. Was gonna make my own corp when I heard about the one I joined. (their video) Completely different game now. Bunch of cool people. Very helpful and expierienced. And being part of an alliance [The Big Blue] means I got a built in set of friends and eniemes. Allainces/Corps can declare war on each other (which has a pretty hefty cost) but which means they can attack and be attacked by whoever theyre at war with in ANY sector of space. Wars dont happen ALL that often cuz they cost whoever declares it millions of ISK a week (basically a fee depending on yer size and the size of the corp/alliance you've dec'd war with), but they happen.

It's totally totally not for everyone. Sometimes I'll setup a mining op, and then do other crap in my apt hehe - or I'll stay on and research the market lookin for deals n shit. Or talk to my corp. Just starting to figure out manufacturing, so that led to more mining. There's NPC agents who give missions you can run for money and loot. They're cool. They get boring, so usually i'll do something else when I burn out on that. Just meet me sometime in game this weekend maybe if you run the trial and I'll show you some cool shit! ;)