Sunday, August 08, 2004

200 page book?!?

Just read Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy for the first time. It was pretty awesome. It's so weird nowadays to read a book thats just over 200 pages. Everything seeems like it is in the 600-1000+ pages range these days. Ya mon- it was funny and good. I vaguely remember Jon or someone telling me some of the other books in the series weren't that good. Should I bother reading the rest?

I also got from the library a couple of harry potter books - not feelin the 2nd book, but I'd seen the movie, so it's not all that exciting to me. Looking forward to the 3rd book though. Checked out a Concrete graphic novel - "the 1st 10 issue series." I dunno - it's helllluv dated - too 80's for me. Pretty boring too. Maybe at the time it was the shit, but I don't really like it. Probably won't finish it. Was trying to get some Hellboy tradepaperbacks, but they were all checked out. Again, I highly recommend the dvd. Not only is the movie pretty damn good, the dvd extras are nice.

-Mostly Harmless