Friday, August 13, 2004

You make me laff

Man thats some funny shit. You know I am sad about the whole movie industry sort of getting more and more base as time goes on, but on the up side it does provide me a medium for laughing more often. You know without going into Art and I had a volley of emails about a week ago on this very same topic. Hollywood just seems to be headed in the wrong direction from an artistic stand point. Unfortunately, they are also as profitable as they have been right now. People seem to eat this shit up. Bad movies.

Anyway, I heard a review of AVP on the radio this morning. Man, you could tell the guys were big Alien/Aliens fans but weren't too happy with the movie. First off, its PG-13. No aliens popping out of stomachs, no serious gore. WHat is that? I guess the plot is pretty lame. NOOOOO? Go figure. Ack.. too bad, but it isnt like I didnt see it coming. I mean Alien was great. Aliens was great. Alien3, ummm weak sauce. Alien Resurrection? Dear god, what was that all about? And then this one. Seems like a trend to me. Down hill after Aliens.

Man are we jaded.

D>M>

"Look into my eye"