Monday, August 09, 2004

One crazy surprise...

Art, if there was one totally ironic part of your Father, it was his reading habits. Looking at him and hanging with him briefly, you would never guess. But once you were around him enough, you noticed he was often knee deep in the books. If I remember correctly, he was fucking fast too. Watching you and him read, I felt a bit inadequate. I am still a slow reader. Back then I was excruciatingly slow. Something like 20 pages/hr. Brutal.

Elrock, behind that lack luster outer crust of academic lethargy, Art was prodigious in his High school extracurricular reading accomplishments. Although, when it came to class assigned reading, well, lets just say 2 out of every 3 books wasn't bad. Art is perhaps nearly as avid of a reader as my Mother. Speaking of which, I don't know if you noticed Art, but she now has an entire shelving system dedicated just to vampire books. What a nut. Anyway, my Mom is where I got my reading thirst. Then there is Art's writing, man did you ever have the ability to write in school, but only when the gun was pointed at your head at 3am Monday morning for a paper due at 10am Monday. Eric, in between all the condoms we supposedly, allegedly had laying about on the floor (according to some unidentified, misguided youth), Art and I actually managed to do more than chicks in high school. In fact we did nearly zero chicks and a lot of papers. Damn Honors/AP classes were relentless.

Rudy, I concur with Art on the Hitchhiker books. They are awesome and damn hilarious past The first book. However, once I got to So Long and Thanks for All the Fish I just lost interest. That was definitely a weak point in his writing career. Art, were his post-So Long and Thanks for all the Fish books any good? You know I really liked the Dragonlance chronicles too. In fact I almost bought the trilogy to reread a few weeks ago, but I just wasn't quite in the mood for fantasy at the time. I went with Get in the Van by Rollins at the suggestion of Elrock. Anyway, I know there are others that don't like Dragonlance as much as other fantasy series. They don't follow the more generic world setups such as Forgotten Realms/Greyhawk novels.

You know Art I like that you have been writing a lot in the blog. It inspires us lazy arses to write more. Three Cheers. Also, if you you have not already done so Art, read Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson. Its a fat book at some 1200 pages, but it purss like a kitten. Very good book, and I think more than a few at the Actionteam would agree.

Has anyone noticed that The Actionteam webserver has been very sporadic lately in its ability to serve webpages up. It seems to go down in fits every so often for just a couple of minutes. I know Johnny experienced it with me when I was over his house this weekend, so I am not totally crazy. Nexpoint jagg-ovvs.

Yee Ha Jesters Dead

PS Oh yeah and Indy pile ups were the best. The object of the game: 33 car pile up! How many wasted hours...

PPS Elrock, when is The Actionteam anniversary? I'll need to start compiling year two.