Monday, August 09, 2004

I *just* bought Call of Duty and let me say.. holy shit! It is hands down the absolute coolest WWII FPS I've ever played. The anti-tank rifle sections are incredlibly lame. But, the rest of it is SO FARGING GOOD. I finished the game last night, actually. Wow. Just.. wow. I bought mine used for $24 or so and thoguht it was worth every penny. Before I get into Doom3 (which I hear is just unbelievable), Farcry and some of the new uber-graphics games I'm going to need a serious hardware upgrade, I'm sure. The nice thing about being a generation (or two) behind the curve is that I get to pick up old games like CoD on the cheap and get to play them with modern tech.

Right now I've got:

P4 2.53
512mb RD-RAM
ti-4200 128mb
7200rpm HD

I'm thinking that I'd like to get another 512mb of RAM but the RD shit is just rediculously expensive and I've discovered that I'd more or less have to ditch my two sticks of 256mb and buy TWO sticks of 512mb instead... UGH! Outside of the RAM situation, I'm thinking maybe a new video card this fall but I haven't quite decided which is going to be the best of the second-generation cards just yet.

Mainly, my rig runs the latest flight sims (granted, which runs on a 2 year old engine) with 90% of the eye candy on, so that's cool and the gang. Everything else is peripheral for meh. I recognize that my once powerful rig is now falling behind (ain't computers a bitch that way?) and so I've got to start thinking whether I want to completely rebuild a new one or upgrade piecemeal. With the impending mini-me, I'm thinking that upgrade is going to have to be the choice for monetary concerns.

Diapers? Diapers! Who needs em? We'll cover our rugs and furnature in saran-wrap and let the kid go wild. Daddy needs a new computer, damnit! (LOL)