Thursday, August 14, 2003

Things I Hate, a List by Eric:

- The word instantaneously. When anyone uses this word, it makes them sound very 3rd grade. Someone in my office just used it on the phone and sounded so lame.

- When people use the phrase, "It's like (insert statement here that kinda sounds like an internal monologue)". Example: "I was driving down the 405 and the traffic was so bad, it's like, gimme a break!" C'mon people, let's use something a bit more illustrative. Say traffic was bad, say you hate traffic, liken it to sitting in a parking lot, but don't take the "it's like" way out of things. It's like, c'mon people! Also, used by someone on the phone in the office, actually the same person.

- Words or phrases that people either come up with that morning, or hear somewhere else that morning, or decide to re-insert into their vocab that morning, and then use all day long in every conversation that day. Example: (on phone) "Boy, we are just swamped over here! I've been driving all over God's green earth like a banshee the past couple of days trying to get things done with this company I'm starting. It's like, gimme a break!" I am guilty of this too, as we all are at times, but I think saying, "I had an AWESOME time" is okay for some reason. Also, used by someone on the phone in the office today. Repeatedly, and instantaneously.

- Some other things.