Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Steam kicked my butt soemthing awreful.  Picked up a bunch of Borderlands 2 expansions.  Also got some random games that I will never install or play, but sure looked interesting at 3 am in the morning.

I've been actually playing The Secret World.  It's died down a bit for me (mostly because of all the work overtime).  It's got some charms.  I like the pick your own skills system vs a regular level system.  If you don't know what you're doing (like me), you end up picking up skills that don't compliment each other and have the hardest time killing even the trashbags.

Character appearance isn't tied to equipment.  So if you like dressing up, then this is the place for you.  Though I suppose if you really, really like dressing up, you'd be in Second Life.  Unfortunately gender role oppression is enforced.  Boo!  No Evening gown/opera gloves combo for my two pistol guy.

Some of the investigation quests are pretty interesting too.  There is an ingame web browser (a real one) where you do research.  Unfortunately I don't have the time to spend doing the legwork (a man needs to earn them xp points!).  I end up going to the spoiler sites instead of their carefully crafted faux sites that give the clues.  I feel like the jerk that reads the D&D module before the DM runs the adventure.