Thursday, February 09, 2012

I started watching Alcatraz (JJ Abram's new show) and I really like it. Some mystery/science fiction-y/JJ Abrams-ish twists, but nowhere near as convoluted at Lost was. Don't get me wrong, I liked Lost, and stayed with it until the end, but it was way confusing sometimes. The premise is this: Alcatraz shut down in the early 60's because the facility was falling apart and it was too expensive to do the upkeep. But what really happened was that all the guards and inmates one night mysteriously vanished. The inmates and guards are reappearing present day, wreaking havoc on San Francisco, only they haven't aged a day. They are being sent back by, and are carrying out the vendetta of, some unseen force or person. I don't know if I am doing it justice, but it is really good and intense.

Also, An Idiot Abroad is good. Ricky Gervais and his friend send his dim witted cohort to spots around the world and then goof on him. It is really funny. It's on the Science Channel, which I don't get, but TGFi (Thank God For iTunes) and gift cards from students!

EDIT: Check out this clip of the show. So funny (to me).