Monday, October 04, 2004

Oh by the way..


Regarding conversations.. keep in mind that there are plenty of situations wherein you are rewarded for carrying on a conversation in a particular manner in which to obtain full-disclosure and additioanl information. Especially with "central" characters, make sure you click on them once in a while to see if they have anything new to say in their conversation options.

For henchmen, I'm particularly fond of Mr. Undergallows if I am neither a theif-type, sorcerer w/ fairy (unlocks shit!), or Mr. Beefcake 18+ strength. Many times, I'd bring him along and then "park" him in the entrance to whatever dungeon/building/etc it was that I was charging into so that I'd get all the XP, and then could go back for him later if I needed something unlocked or if there was a particularly ugly combat area in which I needed his help.

I just got done playing that Paladin series I was telling you fellas about, so I thought I would download a module entitled "Blackguard" for a little taste of the darker side of things. Man.. what a HUGE disappointment in the narrative/conversations thus far. Especially in comparison to the extremely well written modules I've played to date.. it reads like a middle schooler dumbass trying to be cool.. and falling incredibly short. So, you go around mindlessly and meaninglessly killing everything that isn't marked as a plot-invincible-character. Mostly, with introductory conversational gems like "Ha Ha Ha! You STUPID MAN! [attack]"

Might have more fun going through the original module as a bad guy instead. I only downloaded the module because it had a 9+ rating on the sequel.. so maybe I'll skip to the sequel and ditch the volume 1. It's incredibly bad so far. It's just missing some 'yo momma' jokes and perhaps a little 1337-speak to really push it over the edge of "OMG LOL ITS SO FUN TO BE BAD AND NOT GET GROUNDED!"

Anyway.. I'm off to bed.

late,

~A.