Friday, May 02, 2003

ID Theft v2

Sorry I have not blogged in a while. Been busy.

Yeah Elric, I feel your vein. I too have been stung. In conjunction with the Auto theft I had I was forced to close two CC accts and block the crap out of my two Checking Accts. The reason I did not close the two checking accts is that I had some outstanding bill checks floating about. But I had them restrict wire transfers and all the checks stolen. One account I got closed okay; but the other, well.. Booooo.. Even though I had checks 140-150 blocked, 140, 144, 147, & 148 went through anyway. Appearently the bank fucked up and set the wrong block. Great. Now I have 532 dollars locked up in fraud research. Gotta love the scum that lives off the rest of us because they have nothing better to do. And yet again the old addage, 'good guys finish last' holds true. Fuckers Jerks... Oh if you do not already know about this, try calling 1.877.438.4338. That is the FTC Id Theft number. I have not called it yet but, they may be able to give you some four11.

Ummm DB design, I am very familiar with design theory and farily good at executive work for DB design at least with SQL+ and Access(Although it has been a bit with SQL). I have used ODBC interfacing through VB programming and it was pretty easy, but no other programming experience. DB online: I have had nil experience aside from very basic perl DBs, so I am not really a good resouce for any frontend programming/interfacing questions. SQL server usage: only design and end user on Oracle 8. Admin on SQL none. Why Ju Ask Mo Fo?

Jo Job is what? Okay today I did about 40 minutes of real work. In the order of time consumption, the balance of my work day consisted of Chatting it p with the co-workers, playing cards (Paigow, Poker, Spades, Solitare, and Crazy 8's), listening to and sharing musical recomendations, sleep, eating, shitting. Great. The whole week has been like this. Not really a good sign. In fact our supervisor let two of us leave 1hr 15min early each day and still clock in at a full 8 hrs. I get the feeling that if this keeps up we will have a little fat trimming. D'oh! Job market is for shit here!

It's pronounced NuKe-uLer.

PS Johnny, that sounds like a plan on the terraineous maximus.