Sunday, May 18, 2003

Flocking Molly, or "Whoa"

- So I saw Matrix: Reloaded today. Mixed emotions. Fun as all hell. I just kept laughing and smiling kinda like I did during the Yoda fight scene in SW:AOTC. And as far as complaining about the computer graphics work done during the fight scenes, only one small part of one HUGE ENORMOUS fight scene really irked me, other than that, the computer stuf worked. For me anyway. Cheers to absurd and hecka fun fight scenes, Jeers to adding unnecessary sex to the movie, Cheers to some interesting insight given to the Matrix and the potential for a pretty good mind-blow in the third one (the wheels are already spinnin' in my head as to what it all means), Jeers to making part of the movie too over the top at times, Cheers to making the movie too over the top at times. All in all I liked it and will probably see it again and again, or at least once before it leaves the theater and then a bunch on DVD.

- As far as flocking goes, I usually make a glued and painted sand base first and then stick spots, patches or streaks of Elmers on the base and grab a small clump of static grass and press it to the glue, release, and then let sit. Thats about it.

- If the Mighty Ducks of Anaslime win the Stanley Cup, I think we all (excluding Jael, of course) need to go to church a lot more because I think it will mark the beginning of the Apocalypse and following Rapture, and I sure as shit know that we all could do some praying and hail Mary's if we hope to make it past the fire raining from the Heavens stuff...

- So, it looks like I will be the only SoCal Kublacon attendee. Denis has a late final on friday, and I have friday off from work and was planning on leaving thursday night, so that might not work out. Denis may drive himself up, I don't know, I'll call him after this blog.

- Priceless emails, truly.