Monday, May 19, 2003

Elrick Khon Voyage

Here is my take on it. I have work on Friday. D'oh! I will be out at 4:15pm... Maybe earlier. Depends on the Bossinator/work load. Sleeping arangements: You may want to stay at Johnny Khans. His place is more accommidating for guests and has a fold out bed/couch. My joint has a couch too short for your tall ass, littered with alergy inducing cat hairs. My roommate's cat sheds like none other and she never vacuums (Besides it has a broken belt). Aside from that, getting to Johnny's is a lot easier. If you haul ass you can get to johnny's between 12midnight and 1am (Unless you do the Aaron express ~11:15pm). Johnny you are going to have to enlighten us on the parking situation @ the Khan. Is the parking there free? For how many cars? If it isnt, we may need to arrange cars in an efficient manner. Too bad the Fart will not service the airport area until a couple weeks after the con.

Saw Matrix tonight and I really have to sleep on it to render a more refined judgement, but at this point I vote: mixed bag on the plus side. Some shit bugged. Eric you were right about the sex scene + sex references. Unnecessary. The Rave scene... WTF? Aimey and I found both a bit pointless and only used as a vehicle to capture the lowest common denominator of the audience... base emotions. The fight scenes were very cool, but some were too long or again trying to get an A.D.D. audience's attention with over the top action. Some of the plot seemed really cool with philosophical brain twisters. Other parts... Why? Why put that in? or this seems pointless. The visuals were great and the effect were amazing. Elcock was right in saying the CG did not detract from the movie, but added a great deal. All in all it was a fun movie but I think they could have done some things differently and left others out. The first Matrix still rules. There seems to be a lot to this movie that I may have missed in the first viewing and I will rewatch it. Sidenote: Any movie that uses REAL hacking tools to exploit a known (albiet old) SSH security bug and not fucking netscape (The well known hacking tool... Yeah right!) at least they did some homework. The movie deserves praise in that respect. I would go into much more gory details but I dont want to ruin the movie for those of us that have not watched it yet.

Fargin Bastages

P.S. Why the hell is it that when I select text to put in italics, it will often put both tags after the selected item?

P.P.S. Elrick you are still very welcome to stay here, but I just thought you would be a bit more comfortable at Johnny's.