Thursday, October 31, 2002

JMJ

(moment of silence)

Anyways, Happy Halloween guys! Any exciting plans? Regardless, it's been a joyous day for me. Work was good, social life feels like something brewing, and it's great that I can share it with good friends. Jon, does your parents have email addresses? If they do, please give it to me. On occasions, I could send them an email greetings card or something.

Inaneness. All my blogs are pretty inane, mostly responses, movies and games. It doesn't bother me at all though. I think It's really occupational. It doesn't bother me because my job doesn't require me to be colorful. On the other hand, as a writer, you can't be inane because then no one would care to read your books. Afterall who wants to read a boring book? I could write one myself. That's deep eh?

PBI: rule admendments
Eric, do a query search "PBI2 AND NEW RULES". You'll find a YAHOO Group that's hosted by one of the PBI2 designers. It has a file bin that has rules clarifications, new company sheets, and some other good stuff. Plus people post questions that I had eg. why are the mortars so dam powerful etc etc. Its a cool forum.

anyways, some things we were playing wrong:
1. On the first turn, the attacker can fire at anyone within 1 or 2 squares away from them and not the way we were playing where the attacker can only attack the 1st 2 rows. This deters the defense from lining up at the starting choke points, or they can, but as soon as they are discovered, the offense can lay down fire...

2. clustering is 4 or more (giving additional dice)
while overstacking is more than 7 (hit's on a 5 or 6). Think we were playing 7 or more.

3. The American garand rifles gets one extra dice per shot.

4. The americans smokes lots of herbs and therefore gets 1 more action point and lessens the morale check. They also are poorer than their german counterparts for buying so much grass...

Hairon, want to go to D&J's hobby shack this saturday? I want to invest in some PBI miniatures. You can paint them for me!