Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Hey dude... getting the gmail account was the first step. Congraturation! Now you need to email me your gmail account name, and then I can allow it spreadsheet access.

I thought the video was pretty funny/uncomfortable to watch. I recommend watching the Nacho Libre trailer again to wash the taste out of your mouth.

I just find that trailer completely hilarious. After watching it extensively I've boiled it down to two main factors. First of all, the midgets look kind of like miniatures. This is clearest in the second shot of them, in the tight closeup of the two approaching Jack Black and his partner while swinging their "claws." Their faces are frozen in a total orc face and they appear to have an ink wash in the folds of their skin, especially the one on the left.

The other thing I like is halfway through the trailer in the shot after the midget jumps off the rail and scissorlocks Jack Black's neck. In the shot I am referring to Jack Black and the two midgets are lying on the ring getting up. The great part is when the midget on the right stands up, then, for no reason at all, does a forward somersault into a stand and does this awesome pose coming out of it. The somersault/pose is not even towards anything in the ring, it's totally for show! It's not even the focus of the shot! But I can't stop watching it!