Sunday, June 04, 2006

Do It!

I think we were definitely pusses in the past. However as we, well at least I, have definitely changed to where we need less sleep as we have aged. I can not sleep 9 hours anymore. I used to be a wreck if I didn’t. Now I can rarely get more than 7 hours unless I am sick. In fact I often feel like crap if I sleep moer then 7.5 hours. This past con I didn’t get more than 5 hours on any night, which is on the low end, but not abnormal. The real problem was that within those five hours, I didn’t sleep very well. I didn’t even need to sleep that short. Stupid ingrained getting up at 6:30. Ass.

Elzar, now I have to imagine for you and fArt, you guys must have a serious tolerance for sleep deprivation. I think if you get amped up for gamin' you will dive into it and play hardcore style, if others are there to play along. The reason you can get by on such little sleep is because there is a reason. As soon as everyone goes into puss mode like last GenCon SoCal, there is no reason to go the extra mile. In other words, it all depends on the others motivations.

I think after the last Con jr0n and I went to, I will have renewed motivation to go balls to the wall. Those guys were core. Not even so much the hours so much as the efficiency. They did one of three things during any waking moment, Game, Eat, or relieve themselves.

D>M>