Tuesday, June 06, 2006

All your Data's Base are belong to us.

eLzar: That is what I am getting at. That check is designed to provide DB integrity by automatically offering those options in a pull down menu, or some other consistency check of that nature. Otherwise, I have to force the DB engine to cross reference two tables and in the end completely write a new PHP or Perl interface myself, which is probably how people do it in such a restrictive environment. The reason Lunarpages does this is to cut down on processing cycle consumption on their DB Servers. By making the DB table transaction processing integrity weak, they save on CPU cycles. Unfortunately it becomes much more difficult for the programmer. They are forced to complicate the front end PHP app to do more calls to the DB engine.

All this pain in the bootiness does not help when the App that I thought would work as a less desirable, if not necessary, solution was passing logon info in the clear. Ugggg... Who thinks that’s okay?

Anyway, my sickness has removed me from unnecessary computer usage, so it will have to wait until later this week or early next week for me to get back onto the project.

D>M>