Thursday, March 23, 2006

Don't know!

Well, Yeah I'll be in the united states, but the $$$ situation is a no go, so scratch me off that list!

Re: The herky-jerky camera of BSG. Yeah enron, that's pretty much a staple of the show. Learn to embrace it. I used to hate it too. I can't remember the 1st tv show or movie that totally used that (over used that) - might have been Law n Order back in the day. But I remember I hated it too. Nowadays, I see the reason it's used (it's an effect basically - gives thing that psuedo-documentary feel - extra "life" to scenes) and when it's used correctly, doesn't bug me at all. Maybe it's so common place I don't even notice it these days. BUT, put at bad-ass BSG scene back to back with a old school bad-ass Star Trek Next Gen scene or something, and I think you can really see the fluidity/life that kinda direction can give to a scene. For sure, that process was overused when it sorta "came out" and every shitty movie was using it, but in BSG, the story is SO the star, and for the most part that style of direction really fits the show. Go rent the mini-series. It's a fuckin' incredible show, and in these days of instant tv-showage (thx to tivo/torrents/etc) it's worth watching the whole frakin' series. :P

Gardena Park!

Never been a South Park fan, but I recently saw that "trapped in the closet" episode over on youttube and then I just saw the new episode re: chef. Hey, pretty funny show! HAHA WELCOME 2 THe 90s! LOLZ