Tuesday, October 26, 2004

WTF Spirit of the Wood

***NWN Spoilers***

Okay, how do I administer the antidote to the Spirit of the Wood?!?! The lil' bugger keeps kicking my ass, and I can't seem to give the juice to him, or to his precious alters, or nothing! Whats the scoop NWN nerds?

*** End NWN Spoilers ***


- Hey, I'll play WWII Online too ya jerks!

- I got the new World of Darkness RPG and it looks cool. It is basically the Storyteller rules, revamped can called the Storytelling System and is a bit like a GURPS or a D20, in that it is generic, and you buy the sourcebooks to play other versions of the game, ie Vampire: The Requiem. It's much the same, sans NIN quotes. I think our group is geared toward using a system like this when we get together because we seem to be more about the story and the hilarity that ensues over rules-lawyering and min/maxing. There were some VERY memorable moments using this system over the years:

1) After siphoning some gasoline from a car in the El Camino parking lot, we flee the Camino Police and to throw them off our tail, Rudy pops his head over the tailgate and changes only his face to a werewolf, and then gets shot in the face for his troubles... I think it put him unconscious....

2) Well, not so much using the rules but the fateful day when Jon and I played a Vampire run game my Mike and we became assholes and passed notes around on chips and then bailed out from the game before it really even got started to go to Bare Elegance. Jerks. I think I was a computer nerd....


So anyway, there is some cool stuff we could do with the system... not that we will ever, but we could...