Tuesday, October 26, 2004

What is "Love" - Story of the old foolish King

Hey guys, this story just popped in my head, some of you may have heard this but this is how it goes. It's a little corny, but touches me nonetheless.

Once there was an Old Foolish King who had 3 lovely daughters. One day during dinner, the Old king asked his three daughters, "How much do you love me, my daughters?"

The oldest daughter spoke up, "Father, you are the most handsomest, wisest, King in all the Land, and I love you farther than the furthest point in the world!"

The old king grinned and replied "good, you must love me very much". Then the King looked at the second daughter and said "How much do you love me, my daughter?"

The daughter, not to be outdone by the eldest daughter replied " I love you more than the universe, more than the sun and the stars, as surely as your spirit will rule the heavens!"

The old king, impressed by this reply, smiled "Yes, I can see that you love me very dearly". And finally the old king turns his head toward the youngest daughter and asked, "How much do you love me?"

The youngest daughter, picking up a spritz of salt and a spritz of pepper replied to her father " I love you, as much as salt cannot be without pepper"

The foolish king looked puzzled and bellowed "Daughter, you must not love me very much!" and banished her from the lands.

Morale of the story: What the King doesn't realize is that Salt cannot be without pepper and that the youngest daughter's love was the greatest of all. It was not fathomed by words or guised in honey. Sometimes, I can't express in words and I guess I don't sugar coat stuff very well, maybe that's why I'm never good with chicks, and only the chicks that really care about me. But that's the way I am. =)

You guys are welcome to pass on the tale.

JAEL