Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Wait, I told that wrong...


I just finished the Blackguard NWN module series (BGI & II).. and will give it a thumbs up as a solid module to download and play. Warning, however.. the BGI module is painfully lame until you get access into the thieves' guild. Aparently it was the guy's first attempt at making a module and English is not his native tongue.. so some of the dialogue is painfully juvenile and hard to get through. BGII makes it all worth while, though. Very nicely done.

I've just downloaded "Honor Amongst Theives" and have begun playing that one. So far, it is hands-down the best "role playing" module I've ever tried, I think. A lot of thinking and "stealth" oriented gameplay thus far and I've really only barely begun. Looks like it's going to be a very fun one!

On a down note, I downloaded "Demon", the highly anticipated module created by the same guy that did the AWESOME "Dreamcatcher" series.. and have been very much underwhelmed. Started it and gave up in boredom within a short while. MIght get back to that one later, but it's hard to play something that isn't so great when you've got so many options of things that absolutely rock.

For those that have completed the original Bioware campaign, and are looking for something a little different.. I'd highly recommend the ORIGINAL "Penultima" series (not necessarily the "re-rolled" second set of modules which wasn't as good in my opinion). Download the Penultima City and the 5 modules/hak-packs that go with them and begin in the city... it's a humor-filled module that will keep you laughing if not from the dialogue and plot-line, then the custom equipment and descriptions. Very, very good. If you're in the mood for a more serious campaign, I'd strongly recommend the Twilight and Midnight Paladin series modules.. absolutely amazing.

Anyway.. I'm off of work now. Time to go home to mother and chile.. weeeee!

Late,

~ Cap'n O.