Monday, October 25, 2004

D'art Neverwinter

Aribeth portion was interesting. It seems there's a way for a multiple endings, but I don't think I developed the relationship very well, and at the end my only option was to slay her. But I wonder if it was possible to do elsewise. I'm not going to go back and do it all over again though, but if you can tell me what happens =)

I thought the Aribeth storyline was rather ... predictable and a common twist, Lord Nasher is an old idiot, and Morag was too easy 2 find and defeat.

What I really had problems with though is the Mechanics of death spells in the game. Either it's too strong or too weak depending on how high your fortitude is or if you have an immunity magic item. Its rather extreme, that either the spell works (game over - respawn) or it doesn't work and nothing happens. weak sauce. Also fear and mind spells are way too powerful in the same sense. The duration of mind spells are incredibly long.

Also some of the usefullness of skills can be balanced out. Some of the feats as well.