Monday, October 25, 2004

D'oh!


**NWN SPOILERS WARNING**

Depending on how much "developing" you've done and how you've conducted yourself in those conversations (and maybe depending on Charisma as well, I dunno..) but.. at the end, if you've done certain things like hold on to her ring she discarded you can convince her that you're friends (or more) and to turn herself in peacefully and the two of you part ways as you forge on towards the baddies at the end.

Agreed about the vulnerability to some death magic and/or mind affecting spells. But, that's also why you can pick up items that give you added spell resistance and saving throw bonuses. You don't need outright immunity to survive such attacks with regularity. I think the truth is that most of us focus on building the biggest baddest tank of a killing machine we can which usually doesn't leave much room for defensive items. Why carry a spell-resistance 25 ring when I can carry something like a Brute's Ring which gives me a +4 strength and a -2AC penalty? MORE KILLING! Hehe.. an amulet of resistance, saving throws +5? Screw that! Give me my amulet of fireballs or at a minimum, amulet of natural protection...

So, likewise, I often found myself getting whacked by magic users as a result unless I had access to some kind of spell mantle protection. I would DEFINATELY recommend throwing down some skill points into magic-item use so you can read the scrolls or coming up with an item that gives you the spell-mantle or greater spell-mantle that you can power up once or twice a day as needed.


*** END SPOILERS ***

Re: WWII Online.. I'd love to multicrew a bomber with ya Rude! Maybe we can multicrew a tank too.. I love taking those fast scout vehicles on hit-and-run missions. I'm not sure what night I'll be on but I'd love to do it. Hmm.. maybe Thursday night a little late-ish like after 9pm? I think it would be easy to tack-on some WWIIOL time after flying rather than try to wedge yet another gaming night in on the family time. hehe...

Hey, check out my WWIIOL stats! *flex* LOL

Type in "Turo" in the callsign-search box and then click on "units" and check off "career" for best results. I haven't played under "Turo" in months.. been borrowing a buddy's second account for a bit. If you think you can get online Thursday night, I'll see about paying up my regular sub and I'll get online with ya for sure if you can make it a little later (like post-9pm?).

http://csr.wwiionline.com/scripts/services/persona/versus.jsp

Late,

~O.