Sunday, August 29, 2004

Yup

I sort of felt the same way. I mean I knew about six or seven of the songs they played. Most of the rest they played were ones off of Disintegration, Wish, and the new album. I guess a number of the other songs they played were old non top-40 songs. Goth favorites I guess. Anyway I guess it is a tour to promote their new album too. Aimey knew most of the songs, so for her it was a bit different of an experience. L-rock, be glad you didnt go to Cochella. I talked to a few people about it and it was 100+ degrees there, no shade, AND you were not allowed to bring your own water with you. You had to buy their water at 6-8 bucks a bottle. One couple I spoke with spent 100 dollars on water. What a fucking crock! Aimey saw them at the Inland invasion last year and I guess they were very good AND played for 3 hours. Said they played a lot more pieces from "Galore" and "Staring at the Sea". Go figure. I have to say the songs that I did know were very well done. I guess the show was more for the hardcore fan than the top-40 radio fans. I suppose I can respect them for that.

D>M>

Edit: The songs I did know were In Between Days, Love Cats, Why Can't I be Like You?, Pictures of You, Love Song, Facination Street, Let's go to Bed and Close to Me

Edit Part Duex: Aimey took a look at your play list on the website and said it was a lot more geared towards the goth crowds of LA and less the poppier stuff. You probably would have liked ours more, but it still had a lot of lesser known songs. In hind sight I guess I knew about 50% of the songs.