Sunday, August 29, 2004

Ostrich, the other red meat

Yeah, I could see an Ostrich Burger getting kind of funky.. that's about the only drawback with the stuff is that it cannot be cooked much beyond "medium" without getting a bit weird and gamey aparently.

For me, I love a good medium-rare or medium-ish steak, so it works fine. Be aware though, it comes in different grades just like beef. We buy individually flash-frozen filets from the farmer's market and all I do to them is brush a little wooster on and grill them for a couple minutes to a side (they cook REAL fast). DEEEE-fucking-lish.

My wife has a digestive disorder that more or less rules out any milk or beef from her diet.. which more or less removes it from my diet as well unless we're out someplace (OUTBACK) and I have access to something beefy. Funny though, now that I don't eat it hardly at all.. if I eat any processed beef products (any kind of ground beef, especially), it fugging KILLS me. Ugh. Don't ask me what Aaron's "dirty mexican" lunch did to me later that afternoon. Seriously. Don't do it.

Positive note: Finally got around to hooking up our wireless router and cards for both computers. Next step is clearing out the closet in the computer/man room, taking the closet doors off and shoving the computer desk into the closet. This makes room for the futon couch to be moved from our guest/baby room into the computer/man room... which makes room for the crib in the baby room. Suddenly, everything felt about 1000% more real when we bought a crib this afternoon. Wow. Baby in less than 30 days living in my house. MY baby girl. That's a bit of an oddity to wrap my head around. Not "bad" oddity.. just "unfamiliar territory" oddity.

Anyhow.. late.

~O.