Monday, August 30, 2004

Corporate fart meat

Agreed, people are usually motivated by other factors to get into teaching, passion, love of teaching kids, persuit of knowledge are reasons more so than money. But I wouldn't automatically assume corporate america is going to pay you a guaranteed 60-100k a year either. My case is a good example. At the place I was working at, 50% -60% were making less than 50k (including health) (tech industry), while the corporate elite executive, the one's with the connections, made over 100k, fattening their own lined pockets. I'd say if you had good company politics skills, it would be easier making 60k. Me? Screwed. Granted, it's more likely to make that kind of money in the corporate world than teaching. Bottomline though, being a corporate fart meat sucks too. At least teaching can be enjoyable.

Fun stuff: I forgot how enjoyable Leisure Suit Larry was! I just completed LL2 and I laughed pretty hard. I don't know why I didn't like those games in high school. Some of the puzzles were quite obscure... actually more non-linear... for example, you would have to get the your luggage first before the plane ticket.. pretty stupid and non-sensesical, but most of it was intuitive and fun! I would revisit some of these games if you have time...