Sunday, August 29, 2004

Pissed Myself

Yeah, I about pissed myself last night looking at those items. Good stuff d00d!

The Cure blew. Lemme rephrase that: If you don't like their old stuff, and wish that they would only play 4 songs from their old stuff, and in fact 4 songs seems like too many songs to play, then The Cure was good. I didn't think so. I mean, for those 4 songs, they were the best band ever! Then they wanted to play their new crap which just sounds like a huge wall of painful, droning, monotonous, boring noise.

The crowd came alive for the 4 oldies, then with the new crap they crept back into faux rocking when clearly few of them knew any of the new material, cared about the new material, or even liked it. But what are you going to do as a Cure fan, NOT like their new stuff? I saw a lot of kids and whatnot dancing and banging their heads to songs that they had no idea about, but just wanted to rock to the Cure.

Disappointed. While I feel privileged to have finally seen them, and I really thought that I never would after missing Cochella, I was stull let down. I guess you can't really ever go back, can you?

Long live Inbetween Days, Pictures of You, Just Like Heaven, and Close to Me.