Thursday, August 19, 2004

You ARE the brute squad!

Best *movie* fights? Hmm.. are the Jackie Chan movies out of the question? I've always loved those. I'd give high scores to the "True Romance" fight scene between Christian Slater's wife (was that Robin Wright Penn? I don't remember) and the hitman in the hotel.. that was BRUTAL.

**thinking**

The Matrix had some very sweet fight scenes. I try to forget they ever made the 2nd and 3rd ones.. what a frigging joke. You could make the case for Bloodsport, but that's kind of a cop-out because the whole frigging movie is a big fight scene. Same for the Bruce Lee series.

What about the close-quarters fight scene in Saving Private Ryan where the guy ends up getting slowly knifed in the upstairs apartment? That was very disturbing to me for some reason. Moreso than even the "beach" scene.. it stayed with me for weeks and really bothered my psyche.

Anyhow.. that's all I've got off the top of my head.

For "real" fight scenes, I think the Gatti vs Ward trilogy is the best EVER. Non stop brawl for the entire fights! Better than Hollyfield/Bowe, in my humble opinion.