Monday, August 16, 2004

Heard the same thing about Doom3.. very, very creepy atmosphere. The bonus about Doom3? I've herad that it is also very, very long and lasts well beyond where you think it's about to be over, even!

El.. did you grab the duct-tape patch/mod for the flashlight/gun or do you play with the standard settings? The late-night playing has been said to be the absolute scariest of course.. hehe. I have the ti-4200 128mb card so your review gives me hope that it will be a lot of fun to play on my mid-level rig as well. Actually, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on an x800 pro 256mb card because there is a raging sale going on at Dell right now at $330 (which is a lot, granted) but I was looking at spending $200-250 on a newer card anyway.. so spending another $80 for the top-of-the-line seems like a bargain when I'd have to spend another $200-250 in 12-18 months anyway to keep up. (And likely won't have the funds anyway with impending Hurricane Haylee-Madison next month.)

Hmm.. (ponders some more)

P.S... wow. I'm going to be a Dad in about 30 days.

Whoa.