Sunday, June 22, 2003

Yo La Mango

Hey folks. Well eerik, hope you checked your email this weekend and got a CoC game going today. Yes my friend, you have a more-than-willing group of gamers to tap into, you know them well enough now to get together with them without me, game well my young son. Anyway I've been pretty busy lately. Friday I went camping (and when we tried to leave Saturday morning, the car battery was dead--did I mention we were camping in the trackless desert?). Yesterday I got home barely in time to shower up and get going to a Yo La Tengo concert. Which was awesome. Lots of their songs are supar-mellow, and they started off with those, playing at such quiet volumes that when my friend dropped his keys, you could actually hear it. Gradually they ramped up the amps and by the end of the show it was the near-deafening volume you expect from most concerts. It was at a pretty small place (the Henry Fonda theater) and there was a real sense of intimacy with the crowd. It was really, really cool.

Today I've already helped my dad put a radiator in his truck and read 70 pages of the new Harry Potter book. (Admittedly that's not really "busy.") What I'm actually doing today and this week is trying to go through all of my stuff, of which there is a lot, to see what I can sell on eBay, what I can throw away, and what I can save. If I'm going to Hawaii in mid-July I want to at least have the option to leave promptly upon my return. I figure after next weekend I'll have things pretty well-in-hand.

Some of those zombie guys have already received their books on Monday, and I haven't got my free copies yet! Whatup with that! I also got an email from the editor saying that Eden was thinking about having a signing booth for the books at GenCon and if enough authors were going. "Uh... I'm Jon... I wrote the second-to-last story in the third book... um, yeah."

Until next time, defeat the monsters and don't forget to collect their treasure!

Meatersen out