Monday, June 23, 2003

Mad Magazine Parody: The Incredible Blecchh

Saw Hulk today and it was what I'd call an interesting failure. I would have rather seen it than any number of other brainless, less-ambitious movies, but... it didn't quite gel. I was excited to see what Ang Lee did with the movie, and his more talky take on the superhero genre was interesting, but the script just didn't hit the notes that, when it comes down to it, you want from a movie like this. The Hulk wasn't quite mean enough; Bruce Banner wasn't quite reserved enough; the big action sequences lacked visceral punch; the ending was none too good. Oh well.

(Update): One funny thing about the movie was that the evil army general in this movie was played by Sam Elliot (the Cowboy in The Big Lebowski). I kept expecting him to say, "Well, sometime you get the Hulk, and, thank you, much obliged, sometimes, well, sometimes the Hulk gets you."

My copy of the zombie book came today

So yeah, I'm published now! Right on.