Wednesday, October 23, 2002

I are looking forward to watch the Jackass Movie

I read some stupid internet review of Jackass and the guy was like "it's amazing performance art!!1" I watched one of the Bum Fight (now called BumBang) dvds, and that made me sick to my stomach and really embarrassed to be human. But, supposedly this Jackass stuff is all self-inflected stuff- I'm down to see it!
*I'm getting in the studio tomorrow (wed) to bust out some mixes of the songs we've all recorded there. If and when I get something done, I'll come visit you guys and rox it. In other work related news: I get off the god-forsaken night shift *again* and go back to a slighty harder, but better on my social life, schedule: mon-fri Noon-8pm. Eh- its kind of a drain still, but better than working fucking weekends!
*Last 3 dvds checked out from the biblioteca:
1.)The Last Picture Show - Good movie. Better than I thought'd be. Goddamn, Cybil Sheppard was a f0x! Although I bet it wasnt as uncomfortable as Punch-Drunk Love, its still one of those kinda movies. Grade: B (It definetely warrants a second viewing.)
2.)3am - A Spike Lee produced movie (some other dude wrote and directed it.) Danny Glover, Pam Grier, and Michelle Rodriguez star. Kind of a wierd gritty New Yawk thriller, but with *some* comedy and romance stuff. It was good. It was a Showtime movie, so its got this wierd Non-Hollywood vibe to it (but not super *artsy* either.) There's a serial killer shootin' cabbies! Thats about it.
3.)The Big Sleep - Some old 50's "noir" crime movie. Only half-way through it (I went to go work out and now I'm typing this shit), but so-far: it's alright. I'm afraid it may end up being a very "by the book" noir picture. If you guys haven't seen it, I highly recommend Kubrick's old noir picture The Killing. I haven't seen it in awhile, but its a REALLY GOOD movie (especially being from 1956!)
* Jon-o: You're Flicka review had me rolling on the ground. Good job!
*Elrick: Damn, those tanks look cool as hell! God knows if and when they come out her in the states. If we did it mail-order, we'd have to pay about $60 a tank (which is alot, but I'd do it) and THEN pay some stupid overseas shipping cost. Keep an eye out- maybe we'll catch some over here.
*Damn, I need to get me a RealDoll.
___