Friday, January 18, 2008

| I hope at least you yelled "Charlie Murphy" before the smack!

- Check this awesome ad from the French release of 1st edition Blood Bowl! Chilling! Fortunately it was not a South African ad.


- Skate is fun, though I have had other things to do at night recently rather than play it, it is fun. Sorry Rood, I only have the silver membership, so no multiplayer skatin' for me!

- BTW, how do you upload videos to Goonskate? There seems to be little to no information about the site, on the site itself.

- I was contacted by a retired USMC d00d from BGG to play some wargames! He lives in Santa Cruz, is really into historical mini's and is setting up a 6 - 8 player game of Flames of War this next weekend which I might attend (early war British vs. Italians in North Africa. This should make Denis wet!). He and some of his friends are willing and able to play most wargames on their dedicated 8x5 gaming table, so as long as he is not a creepy guy looking for love in exchange for gamin, and he really is married with two kids and a 19 month old grandson living with him, I think this is promising for my two-player wargame fix! Huzzahr! Will keep updated.

- Denis?

- Yeah, um, I have become the Michael Anderson of the fantasy hockey league. I have not checked in I can't tell you how long, and I have not seen a game in probably longer. I don't have Center Ice, so no Kings games, and don't care enough to record and watch the Sharks. So there you have it, I am the biggest hockey and Kings fan to never watch any games. Supposebly, Comcast will upgrade our service and I can get Center Ice next year, but I am not holding my breath.

- My first drum lesson was SO MUCH FUN!!!! He has an electronic kit so it was quiet, but sounded good with all the sound emulation. I learned me some paradiddles, some triplets, some syncopation, and had an absolute blast! No joke, playing Rock Band drumz on hard and expert is a really good training/prep for learning legit drums. I am scouring the internets for a cheap 'lectric kit so I too can play drumz in the garage, just like I am 15 again! They are really not THAT expensive, all things considered.

- Also, speaking of being 15 again and not really feeling like I could start a 'learning' band at 32 playing the music that I like, the place that I take lessons from put on these kinda weird 'shows' for kids that are like musical group recitals. So, they get together and choose songs to play, then perform once every few months. The place also does this for adults in my position. So, we could all agree to rock out to some Misfits covers, then learn our parts, and put on a mini-show every so often. Kinda lame, but I am also really excited to get together and play some songs, too!