Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Kara, Jailynn, etc. + Family Members + General Rant = my posts

You, Ryan, have not skipped a beat since the boy. You have even achieved "Dead Beat Nanny" status! (which I hope you remember being in reference to you playing xbox while the phone was ringing and telling us, "phone's ringing". Hilarious!)

I have caught myself letting obligations slip here and there because I have been used to using Wylie as an excuse as to why I could not do things due to exaustion, babysitting, etc. Now that that phase of his life is over, I still use him as an excuse, because it is convenient, which I am trying to curtail when it is not true.

This revelation got me and the wife thinking about being parents and what has changed and what has not, and what other people see when they look at us these days, and what our friends and acquaintances see.

Am I still the same jerk I was before?

PS A Wisconsin University instructor included an essay comparing Bush to Hitler in a book required by his syllabus. He likened the burning of the Reichstag (which was started by the Nazi's) to the WTC attacks, which he says was orchastrated by Bush. When challenged on his theory, he replied, "Hitler had a good 20 to 30 IQ points on Bush, so comparing Bush to Hitler would in many ways be an insult to Hitler."

America! Fuck Yeah!