Wednesday, July 20, 2005

There I was.. There I was.. IN the Congo.


Kamping update: Might be just myself in attendance for the actual Kinder Kamp itself, and we may just make a jaunt down to Socal as a family here in the next week or so to visit with peeps. I dunno, we'll see how things shape up in the next couple of days before I'll be able to commit one way or the other for sure.

The Daily Show: The ONLY real news show, as far as I'm concerned. I could do without some of the ultra-crass stuff that is over the top just to be over the top.. but I'm absolutely in love with the bits where they tear apart the lies, deceit and miscellaneous B.S. being spewed from the political machine.

Tivo, part duex: So, our Tivo hard drive died the other day which killed about a half dozen programs I was waiting to burn and/or watch.. FEH. The lame thing about the process is that aparently they only warranty the box for three months, and when you buy a "new" one, it's a refurbished model. How lame is that? It's almost like a guarantee that you'll be screwed and have to buy a new unit every year or two it seems, if they're replacing your botched unit with a repaired-botched-unit for the low-low price of $50 a pop (assuming you'll sign up for a guaranteed 1 year extension to your contract).