Monday, November 22, 2004

Sweet!


I have to admit, taking down planes is my favorite thing to do in WWIIOL whether I am flying another plane, or shooting them down from the ground. For some reason it's just entirely and wholely satisfying to the deepest of levels. Just wait until you get a little bit of rank and can spawn light machine guns on bipods.. hehe.. WEEEEEEEEE!

Can you spawn cmle38's yet? Those are kick ass anti-aircraft guns with a high rate of fire. you'd have to use your gamepad probably, though.. try practicing offline with the cmle38 and see how you do. Also, give the anti-tank guns a try. The Frenchies have a bad ass gun in the "1937" and the Brits have the standard 2-lber. If you can get the hang of those (especially the '37), you can take out any German tank at just about any range if you connect-four.

BTW.. I've completed phase one of my consumer hands-on testing of digital cameras thanks to the generous return policy at Costco. The first contender was the Olympus C-60 and I have to admit I was a bit underwhelmed on the whole. I took it back tonight and picked up the Fujifilm S7000 and have been immediately impressed with the quality of the camera and have even managed to take some seriously low-light images that came out reasonably well despite my having nearly zero knowledge of photography other than what I've been reading up on voraciously the past two weeks. I set the film speed down to 400 and it picked up an image of my wife and daughter on the couch with all the lights off in the room except for the TV and you would have sworn that I actually had ALL the lights on by the image itself... very weird but very exciting. I can't wait to learn more about what the hell I'm doing so that I can really make use of the camera. I get the feeling that I'm going to need a really nice digital image editor like Photoshop so I can crop and manipulate the images before getting them printed up real nice-like.

I was just at Target and they have standard 4x6 images for like 26 cents apiece which seems like a pretty sweet deal when you figure you're only printing off the ones you really like. 8x10 glossies for $3 a piece too! Can't wait to take some of these down there and see how they come out.

.....interlude.....


I am SO jonesing for some NWN madness! We *MUST* fucking play some NWN this weekend. Even if it's just a jonsey-jones hack/slash maniac mod or something.

I hate the Patriots.

~O-rugs, out.