Friday, November 26, 2004

HEY FELLAS!!! Day of absolute boredom

I have absolutely nothing to do this weekend on saturday. One it's a weekend and there's no office. It's also a long 3 day weekend for all phillipinians, descendants of the Macedonians (uh not), so I'm basically sitting in the mall in an internet cafe. On the other hand, this is the absolute biggest mall I've ever seen. There are 5 independant malls that are linked by bridges. The owners are 5 independant companies who decided to merge together the mall in spite of obvious direct competition but I guess it opens the floodgates both ways. But the result of the combining, is a vast expanse and so far this morning I was able to explore only 1 wing of the mall but I plan on exploring a little more. On one hall there are 10-12 restaurants in a row. Talk about doing things in extremety. The food court is big too.

I'm also here alone because of poor planning. My dad told me to go to Manila, but he didn't say when! Without question I booked a flight when I had the time and here I am ONLY to find out that my uncle is in Taiwan and won't be back till next week. Which makes sense because it's a business day. In the meantime, then I'm spending the weekend pretty much alone.

On top of that, because of the rush planning, all the hotels in a decent price range are booked full for the Xmas season and the only place that was reservervable in a decent area is this Condominuim hotel next to the mall. Let me just say, the hotel stinks. That's all I can say. Personally I would have preferred, if I knew a more definitive schedule, to have booked the entire weekend in Singapore.

What compounds the loneliness, is that fact that I'm stuck in a huge AWESOME mall with no one to hang out with. Even worse, everyone is with their dates, friends, loved ones, family and I'm here sitting in an internet cafe doing some Happy hour blogging. (dion't get me wrong, I love blogging to u guys). This is the one time I wish I had a friend.

So, I haven't done my fantasy football deal, but I see that I only lost 1 game to Enron. not bad I'd say.

Well I hope things are well with everyone, and HAPPY T-0ikey DAY!

JAEL