Monday, September 06, 2004

SO Burned, or My Adventure on the Strand

So me and my friend went down to the beach today to ride bikes on the strand. I actually parked real near eric's house (that street up the way that's safe from tickets) and we walked down to the strand in search of a bike rental place. Well, we were pretty much inbetween Hermosa pier and Manhattan, so we headed south towards Hermosa. That was an epic walk. We get there, there's a fair settin' up, and for the LIFE of us, we couldn't find a bike rental place. SO, we decided to head a little further south... "little" turned out to be friggin' KING HARBOR! We had all but given up hope when a guard at King Harbor told us there was a bike rental place only 3 lights down. The longest 3 blocks I've ever walked in my life. Rented some cruisers, and headed back north on the strand. We went all the fuck the way to the end of Marina Del Rey/beginning of Venice. We crashed on the beach there for awhile, then headed back. I don't know how many miles that is, but it is epicness... oh fuck, and I didn't put any lotion on cuz I'm naturally "dark" and now my friggin arms are on FIRE! We rode back near eric's place to my car, threw those pieces of shit cruisers in there and returned 'em. Heh - btw, after we got the bikes, we headed back to Beach Hut (noticed they're now open 7 days and open later each day -score!) and once we were back near Beach Hut we noticed bike rental places like EVERY OTHER FUCKIN' BLOCK! OMG HAX! Hehehe... quite an adventure. My nipples are chaffed to all hell. Good times though... (and my ass hurts, ouch!)