Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Here I Am

Hey, everyone! It's me! I'm back! Blah blah blah. Enough with that:

- I don't want any promo crap from free iPods. I mean yay for you Rudy, but man, once you open your door to all that promo shit, you are done for, they never let you go!

- That Hasbro battle game Hero Scape looks kinda cool, Jon. Also Betrayal at the House on the Hill looks pretty fun!

- Speaking of Hasbro and Transformers....

- The Call of Cthulhu CCG game is awesome! Denis and I bought some, okay, A LOT of cards and have played a few games now. The mechanics are good, the art is good, the Lovecraft theming is good, and the smell takes me back to insane M:TG booster pack opening mania! I would suggest picking up some if you have the inclination!

- Paranoia XP came out, and of course I picked it up. It is basically a reprint with updates to the 2nd edition Paranoia from '87. Funny, goofy, and good to own.

- Star Wars Miniatures also came out, and of course I picked some up. Good sculpts, very similar rules to D&D miniatures, but all that really needs to be said is that there are Stormtroopers up the wazoo! I thought I was over Star Wars completely and then these come into my life and a little bit of the passion that laid dormant in my system since the release of the Episodes I & II: The Travesty's, has bubbled to the surface and I feel a little bit more like a kid than I did yesterday. These mini's got me thinking how great they would be for a game of West End Star Wars, not that that will ever happen, but still... I look forward to sending my kick ass New Hope rebels against some stormtroopers! Gotta get em all!

- And finally on the product review front, I picked up THE WORLDS LARGEST DUNGEON!!!! It is teh greastest! 880 pages of small-ass type (probably 7 pt) dungeon descriptions as well as 64 pages of maps! The book is heavy, the art is good, the text is clear, and the dungeon is fun! There is a cohesive storyline that ties the whole dungeon together but still allows many, many, many sub story's along the way. The best part about it: unless otherwise noted in an area description, the dungeon has NO LIGHT SOURCE. Pitch black. So cool.

- I have been reviving Neverwinter Nights too. It's fun now that I have given it a second chance. Maybe because I am playing a kick ass fighter along the lines of Felix, rather than a suck ass monk like Fared. I love Great Cleaving my way through batches of zombies! My best so far is a 7 kill great cleave on some zombies as I ran from a mummy after I stole some armor from his sarcophagus.

- As I spell checked with blogger, it flagged "Hasbro" and wanted to replace it with "Hackberry". Funny.

- Games are good!

- So is Art having a baby! Holy teh shit! My dad sends his greetings, salutations, and congratulations!

- I plan on returning to Fire and Ice, or whatever the fuck they are called, but for now I have been diverted yet again to other books. I read this real piece of shit Battle Royale. A japanese translated book about some future government program that takes one class of junior high students a year and sends them to an island to kill each other. Hilarity ensues. Time spent reading 800 pages I will never get back. Then I read Just a Geek by Wil Wheaton. I good read if you are interested in career changes, creativity, successful nerds in the public eye, Wesley Crusher, and ST:TNG. Good stuff. I also read Pour Your Heart Into It, the story of Starbucks by the CEO of said company. Excellent! Good insight to the company, business in general, and one hell of a propaganda piece for the entrepreneurial spirit! Also, a bunch of other uninteresting crap too.

- Longest. Post. Ever.