Sunday, September 05, 2004

Finally finished A Swarm of Fjords today. Pretty sad that I was the first one to start reading it and the last one to finish it. Oh well, I read Harry Potter V over a year ago so at least I'm ahead on that.

That was a great book. (Mild spoilers.) All the setup in the first half sagged a little, but the end was awesome. Both weddings were great, I really liked how the Daenyrys stuff finished out. I loved the chapters with Arya and the Hound. The epilogue was great. I always feel a little bad for anyone who's the main character in the prologue or epilogue of these books.

It's good to be done with that for a while. When I finished the first two, there was only a mild sense of closure followed by me immediately picking up the next book. But now... I think I'll skip the novella and all that and move on. (There's also a graphic novel, have either of you guys checked that out?)

Next up: Wolves of the Calla! Dark Tower book V. The seventh and final book is coming out really soon, I'm excited to finish off that series.