Tuesday, August 24, 2004

On yet another totally unrelated tangent..

Anyone here have a love of poker? I'm having a good time blasting the free-money tables at party poker and my real-money account is going live this week as soon as it gets approved by the quintouple-security-measure-goons (which I'm actually pretty grateful for, really). Getting a live-game going is a bit rough if you don't live in Vegas and have a family to schedule for.. so the online bit saves the commute and weird-hours problem at least. With Michelle teaching school and tending to baby during the day, I'm sure she'll be going to sleep plenty early enough for me to knock out an hour or two here and there during the week. The baby room is downstairs right next to the computer/man room so that'll make trips up/down the stairs for dad-on-duty less of an issue as well.

Going to jump ahead of the micro/nano stakes games and try my hand at .50/1 limit on a small bankroll. I know it isn't the best way to go about it traditionally, but I just don't see the benefit of playing thousands of hands at .02/.04 so I can remind myself that I know the math and theory, only to wind up with $3.40 in winnings after killing the tables for weeks/months. I figure if I can play strong and follow the odds correctly, I should be able to scrape out a few bucks on the side part time for fun while I'm still being a home body.

Anyhow..

Late,

~O.