Thursday, August 26, 2004

i think art and I are pretty harmless...

I certainly wasn't trying to change his point of view. I think he was just stating how he felt and I was stating how I felt. I hope no one took it as trying to convince people... *hmmmm* Sorry if it sounded like it.

*Continuing the intellectual discussion* - whoevers not interested don't read....
I think that's a valid point, said religions do try to *save* their own believers, but I guess, in a sense, only those who repents gets saved right? Not really favoritism. If a person doesn't believe in something, then he can't be saved because 1) that person probably doesn't care, (at least for said institution) and 2) it wouldn't matter to him. This is a very contradictory issue, and I have trouble with it as well. I tried participating in Christian church, but they keep trying to convert me. If I believe in the same God (catholicism) why am I not saved? I think it goes back to what I said above... where it's the belief of said institutions and abiding by their rules. (unfortunately I think it's more man-made and interpreted)

Well, the bible emphasizes choice, because you can do deeds against gods will. If He sets everyone's fate, why then can one stray from it? So I don't believe that our fate's set. We all have potential and gods given gift/talent, but how we use it is still up to ourselves.
I think being saved is eventual, a summary of everything we did and have done.