Thursday, May 29, 2003

So that concludes my first BB league outing

Interesting to say the least. Just played some random pick-up game. I thought I would have gotten my ass handed to me, but it turns out I did alright. The guy I played against, his name was Jeff, only scored 1 touchdown and that was on the last turn of the second half where a few unseeming fumbles cost me the game. Actually I had several chances to score in the first and second half but just could not capitalize when I needed it.
The whole game took about 2 hours, which is surprising quick for me. Even had we been proficient there are 16 total turns, 2 players, 32 turns and each turn takes 3 minutes at least. So an average of 4 minutes a turn isn't bad at all.

Eric, btw, Jeff had an orc team similar to mine, and I think his strategy with that was to smash all my guys into the gravel. He outgunned me 8 blocks avg/per turn, vs my 1 block a turn. He wasn't rolling that great, but had he been rolling well, I think my whole squad would have been watching the game from the sidelines.

The people you say? Ahh.... well.... they must have thought I was pretty weird too. So were even on that count. Other than that the league seems pretty cool.

Jael