Friday, May 30, 2003

My BB Career Comes to an End

So in the amount of time it takes me to walk from the front of the house to the sideyard, grab a trashcan, move it to the trashcan area of the house, throw some old wind shield wiper blades away, and walk back to the front of the house, my car is "broken" into. Meaning, someone was watching me change my blades, and saw me walk to the back of the house, then they made their attack of opportunity. Two things stolen: my tool bag from work, estimated value: $400, the other thing stolen, my orange miniatures box, if you know the one, you know the hundreds of hours spent collecting, painting and playing with the 7 blood bowl teams, two warmaster armies, 10 teminator marines, and 4 squads of WWII miniatures that went into that thing. Gone. Just like that. I discovered this as I am nearing Norwalk to do some work out here. The only time this could have happened when the alarm was not on in the truck was that small window whenI walked to the back of the house. I didn't check on everything in the car when I got back to the front of the house, I just hit the alarm on the car, and went inside, cause who knew?

So, I don't know if I have it in me to collect all that shit again, or paint it for that matter. So, there you have it.

Please, no jokes just yet, no words of wisdom for next time, no "maybe you should have locked your car before walking to the back of your house", I'm really not in the mood right now.