Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Texas is the reason AND Florida

One of my co-workers was born and raised in Florida and then lived for 10 years ro so in Texas. D'oh! He is a Trekker and beligerently expained the difference between Trekkers and Trekkies. Yes, there is a difference. Snore... It is the next best thing to having Anecdote Man at work.

Jon: I thought of you yesterday. I saw at the discovery store a book called "Jump the Shark" about episodes of bands and TV shows taking the leap. Pretty funny Shi-ite. I forgot about the Zombie comp you were trying to get your story published in. Tell the editor to keep the story unchanged or shove it where the sun don't shine. Good luck with it. On second thought maybe you should play ball. You will have to tell us when it gets published.

Ry: Sorry to hear about the experience of late. Losing a family member sucks, but then adding in family members on the search for blood money just is so insensitive.

Jon, now even though I often find your judgment on miniature games ranges from a bit discordant with mine to down right opposite, I will add your comments with open-arms to my huge repository of negative commentaries towards BattleBortz. The only two times I played the game I was less than impressed. I like to think that our Miniature games are no where near as much of a drudgery to play through. Even Warhammer was less of a grind through massive amounts numbers, modifiers, and dice.

Bortz