Wednesday, March 26, 2003

BattleBlecch

Okay, I missed the joke the first time around and re-read your other BattleTech post a few times trying to find the funny and couldn't. I mean, sure, me getting shot in the face the second turn was funny, but I missed the Enron reference. So upon further readings, I found the "Blech" and laughed. Whew! I'm not that stupid! I mean I did go to 2 JC's and one CSU and all, but still...

Chris, one of the two guys to play BB this weekend, went a little nuts in his spare time (which is all the time seeing as he is self employed) and created this SICK BB excel sheet for team generation. I mean, there are macros and formulas and everything. Nutty. And to prove his true nerdiness, in true nerd fashion, he tried to find holes in the system with me as well as inconsistencies between the "Lite" version of the rules I taught he and Peter to play, and the full rules he downloaded. I successfully passed the grilling session! I answered all the questions and he couldn't find any rules I didn't know, so hooray for the future of BB! Of course he SAYS there are inconsistencies in the Java version (ie automated blocking assists are wrong) but I just don't think he knows the system well enough to really check that out yet.....

Ah, feels good to defend a game close to your heart from outside attacks.

Oon: Are you hitting the "Post & Publish" icon when you post? If not, you should be.

Looks like mid April I will be doing some travelling to Texas (Yee-Haw!) and Florida ( ... ) for bidnass. Fun. All on Southwest. Fun x2. AudBlog here I come!