Thursday, September 20, 2012

| RIP, USS Texas YEEHAW

"Remember the YEEHAW!" will be the rallying cry for future crews.

Things were going along really well, had full weapons bay, had gone through several star systems and was pretty well destroying whatever I ran into in short order. Then, ran into an energy/ion fighter that had my number. Stupid ion gun kept turning off my shields, weapons, drone control. Then the fires and the ruptured hull. Couldn't get back on top of that battle and the YEEHAW was destroyed.

It's funny how fun this little game is. It's like Oregon Trail in space with some added combat mechanics. The difficulty scale is crazy though, and I love it for the uncompromising randomness. I don't even really get angry when I die because for the most part, it felt fair and expected. Like I was happy just to not get iced in the first few rounds of combat, let alone make it through several star systems, lol.

Best gaming value in a while, for me. Maybe since Minecraft.