Tuesday, September 18, 2012

| Bordirtywhorelands

I'm worried that FTL is going to consume a big chunk of my time as I exhaust my exploration of the game.  I see how it's a Rogue-like, but so far I have a much stronger attachment to each game, and I've only played one so far.  My crew started at 3 and then through adventures expanded to 6 before my inevitable end... I was sad as each crewman learns skills from the locations they work in, and each were heroes during different parts of the mission - one alien crewman held off 3 pirates that boarded the ship while the other crew came to his rescue, but kept getting hurt so they had to cycle out to the infirmary to heal, all the while the alien crewman battled.  Another, while during a firefight, rushed from the engine room to repair the damaged sensor array that was blinding my view to the ship, then discovered that there was a fire in two of the compartments, then ran to the damaged 'door control module' which then enabled me to open the doors to vent the fire into space!

Pretty fun!

Unfortunately, The Starless Sea met their end when they had run out of fuel and turned on their distress beacon, hoping for help.  A well armed pirate came to the "rescue" and opened fire on the poor ship that had an already damaged hull, a crew size that had been reduced to 3 again (while the ships systems had increased in their need to be crew-managed), and no missiles...

I was sad, and obsessed with starting a new mission (with a freshly unlocked ship for reaching the 5th system [level]) as soon as I find some time tonight!  It would be a dream on the iPad....