Friday, September 21, 2012

Great write-ups.  DCC and Ffftl..

Curse you all and my non-existent will and especially Steam.  All this talk of  gaming pushed me to a game buying binge.  It didn't help that I took a few vacation days off and had too much time to get into trouble.  Plus buying games in the middle of the night in your underwear is the pinnacle of our civilization.

So I got Dreadball.  That scare tactic of limited supplies set me on buy, buy, buy mode.  Brilliant marketing!

I also got Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2 aaand FTL...

I'm enjoying Borderlands 2 so far.  Playing a jerk sniper.

Torchlight 2 is also fun.  A lot more generous with the magic items than Diablo.  Play fuels the crack addict brain center much better.  Plus pets!  They have a bunch, eight I think.

So, FTL has been brutal to me.  My first crew burned to death by the second jump.  Are these ships made of cardboard?  That fire spread right quick!  The last game I got three sectors? out before being blasted to bits by a customs ship.  A customs ship!  That never happens in Star Trek.

Speaking of Star Trek.  I've been playing the game like that.  So I'm the good guy and always spare a ship when they surrender.  Do you get better loot if you just blast them like Han Solo?